Green Banking is an emerging concept for Environment sustainability it means promoting Environment friendly practices for sustainable growth and reduces the carbon footprint from the banking industry. Using online banking instead of branch banking, paying bills online instead of mailing them, opening online bank account are now added features to the banking technology and contributing the environment sustainability.
Dubai Islamic bank being an Islamic bank has more responsibility in protecting the environment, wise use and conservation of natural resources. We are cognizant of the environmental consequences of our actions and work towards developing a sustainable business that benefits all our stakeholders.
In line with the State bank’s Green banking guidelines issued on Oct 9, 2017, DIBPL has taken the following initiatives:
- DIBPL has developed Green Banking Office with the aim to Implement Green Banking Guidelines and sensitize their staff about Environmental issues and conscious use of natural resources. Launched E-saving Account which can be opened and operated exclusively online through alternate delivery channels.
- Launched the first Islamic reloadable Debit Card by the name of “VISA Prepay Debit Card” which can be electronically topped up for the purpose of performing transactions in addition to your regular debit card.
- Developed internal capacity building program encompassing classroom sessions and E-learning modules which aims to provide Green Banking awareness to all of our staff and we are also providing advisory service for staff and customers.
- We have started collecting bank’s natural resource consumption data with the aim of reducing our carbon footprint by applying baselines scenario and giving reduction targets to staff.
- We have also started issuance of Personal Identification Number (PIN) through IVR at phone banking. This paperless solution is not only environmentally friendly but also provides an instant, safe and convenient option to the Bank’s customers.
For further information and queries, write to us at:
Green Banking Office
Dubai Islamic Bank, Head
Office, 2nd Floor, Hassan Chambers, DC-7, Block 7, Kehkashan,
Clifton, Karachi, Pakistan.