The Roshan Digital Account initiative was launched on September 10, 2020 by Prime Minster of Pakistan for the millions of Non-Resident Pakistani’s (NRPs) seeking to undertake banking, payment, remittance and investment activities in Pakistan.
Roshan Digital Account is a unique initiative by State Bank of Pakistan to digitally open a bank account in Pakistan from anywhere in the world. Overseas Pakistanis can now invest in high yielding government instruments i.e. Islamic Naya Pakistan Certificates in PKR & FCY (USD, GBP & EUR), Capital Markets through CDC and Real Estate as well.
- Non-resident Pakistanis (NRPs)
- Resident Pakistanis having declared Foreign Account in his Pakistani Tax Return with FBR
Product Key Features
- Current or Saving account in any mainstream currency
- Debit Card
- Cheque Book
- Repatriable mode of account where funds can be remitted back from Pakistan without any approval from bank or SBP.
- Islamic Naya Pakistan Certificate
- USD profit rate ranging from 5.50% for 3 months to 7.0% for 5 years
- PKR profit rate ranging from 9.50% for 3 months to 11.0% for 5 years
- Investments opportunities at PSX / CDC in Shariah Compliant Stocks
- No Zakat Deduction in RDA Saving Account or INPC
Account Opening Process for Non-resident Pakistanis (NRPs)
- Click on ‘SIGN UP’ on the above provided link and fill in your personal information
- Upload scanned copies of required documents:
- ID Card CNIC/NICOP/POC – (Front and Back)
- Your Passport’s First Page (Pakistani/Any other Country)
- Proof of your NRP Status (Foreign ID Card or Visa Entry Exit Stamps)
- Proof of Profession Document
- Signature as per your CNIC/NICOP/POC
- Clear live picture or Selfie of yourself
- e-KYC will be done through recorded audio call by Bank’s representative
- Upon successful verification of details and documents, your account will be opened within 48 Hours
- You will receive confirmation email along with IBAN number from the Bank.
RDA Tutorial Video